Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bare butt monkey

After having a wonderful time at the zoo, Jonathan decided that his favorite exhibit was the monkeys. He especially liked "the bare butt monkeys". We all know which one he is referring to. They walk around the zoo with their big red fannies sticking up in the air! A Baboon? YES that is it! Anyway, my son decided that this morning he WAS "the bare butt monkey" He proceeded to pull down the back of his p.j.'s and, with a naked butt, he jumped and climbed around on the couch screaming "oo oo aa aa I'm the bare butt monkey". If that wasn't funny enough Julia thought that it looked like fun and she joined him. So now I have two children jumping around the house as the bare butt monkeys. Absolutely made my day!


The long day is over and my husband will be back tomorrow...Thank God! I get tired of the 48 hour stretches. They don't happen very often, but lately more often than I'd like. You see he is a firefighter, 24 hours on and 48 hours off... and when he needs to take a day off he can use a personal day or he can switch with someone else on another shift... the problem is that he has to pay it back. Well, earlier this year he was taking a class, he borrowed a lot of days, and now he has to pay them back. It has been torturous!

Today is the anniversary of the day we started dating. 16 years ago today my husband and I became monogomous! Yes, I was about 15 and he was 19. I loved him then and I love him more now. I could't imagine my life any other way. That feels good and I miss him tonight...

I go now to watch 4 weddings and a funeral, the only thing on that I feel like watching. See ya.

No comments: