Today I am grateful for our culture. I had to go to Jonathan's school today and bring some cultural items. I have to say I had so many things and I didn't have to call anyone for them. I am proud of my husbands roots. I am proud that we have chosen to uphold the traditions that comes with it. Our best friends were all created from it, crap our relationship wouldn't have happened if not for it. We are blessed that we can give our children the same gifts, the gifts of tradition, roots, and belonging. Knowing where you come from and having relationships with people who come from the same place. Hopefully they will eventually see these as gifts and choose to pass them along to their families. That would be the greatest gift of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Look at all those beautiful Kraut babies! I'd pinch their cheeks if I could!
Post a Comment